COVID-19 Update from Ellicott Mills Dental
We hope that you and your families are all staying safe and healthy. As the state of Maryland has lifted its stay at home order, we’d like to provide an update:
Ellicott Mills Dental will remain temporarily closed while we continue to secure the proper amount of PPE and other equipment necessary to be compliant with the CDC’s guidelines for re-opening. We are investing heavily in new equipment, safety measures, and training to make sure that our facility is safe for our patients, as well as our entire staff.
While other facilities around the county may have already started to open, your safety continues to remain our top priority. This is the reason why we have made the difficult decision to remain closed until we are confident that our office not only meets but exceeds the standards set forth by the CDC and the American Dental Association.
We will continue to provide updates as often as we can.
We look forward to seeing your smile again! Please call our office if you have any questions about the steps we’re taking to keep you and all of our other patients safe. Please call our office at 410-461-3311 or visit our website at www.ellicottmillsdental.com for more information.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Kimberly M. Ford, Dr. Steven H. Becker, & Team
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 410-461-3311 or visit our website at www.ellicottmillsdental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Kimberly M. Ford, Dr. Steven H. Becker & Team